Face Mouse is a non-commercial and open source software tool. It uses the non commercial FaceAPI from Seeing Machines.
The two versions of Face Mouse are 'Face Mouse' and 'Face Mouse with Click'. The latter not only moves the mouse pointer with the user's head movements, but also left clicks when the user leaves the mouse pointer still in one place. This means it is possible to operate mouse control just using Face Mouse.
Guide for using Face Mouse:
- Go for a frame rate of 30 fps (or as close as possible).
- Do not turn on “Low Light Boost” as this reduces frame rate.
- Make sure the webcam is in line with the centre of the screen.
- Use a reasonably good webcam.
- If the user has big, reflective glasses, take them off at first.
- When the mouse is working the glasses can be put back on.
- Windows 7, XP SP3, Vista SP2
- 512MB RAM
- 10MB hard disk space
- CD Drive